Monbos Hiking Trails :
Monbos circular trail through the woods : 7km
• Follow the tarmac road for 20 minutes. Turn left at the
crossroads towards St Innocence, walk for 30m and then take
the first path to the right, sign-posted ‘Peyfestal - Grange
Neuve’. Follow the path for 1200m until reaching the next
• Cross the crossroads and take the mud track going passed
fields and vineyards for 600m.
• At the road turn and walk left for 250m then fork off to the
left towards ‘La Grange du Bois’. Follow this path (old tarmac
then earth). Go passed a house on the left and straight across
the field. Follow alongside the trees before entering the
woods. Head up towards ‘Les Figues Rasses’ and the road.
• At the tarmac road take the path to the left and follow it
through fields and vineyards for about 1500m.
• Reaching the tarmac road again, turn left and follow this
country road back to the village of Monbos (600m).
Thénac Hiking Trails
Thénac Hiking Trails :
8km circular trail starting at Thénac.
• Starting at the Town Hall square, go passed the cemetery and
church and take the steep path down into the valley for
approx.200m. Turn right, going passed a group of buildings and
climb about 600m opposite. At the road turn left then right and
after 150m left towards ‘Le Félix’. At the hamlet, Félix, go
straight on, downwards, along a forest path. Cross a field and
reaching and old house, turn left. Walk for 600m through the
woods and take a fork to the left (the right takes you to
Monestier and Cunèges).
• Climb for 400m
going passed an old windmill and get to the hamlet, Combes. Just
after the houses, turn right downwards for a kilometre until
reaching Larroque Farm. Go through the farm building and follow
the tarmac road for 600m.
• Reaching another road, turn left and 50m later, right. A grass
path leads to the hamlet ‘Les Vachers’. Turn left at the road
and 100m further on, right.
• Follow the mud track for 2 km as it curves round to join, by
the wood’s edge, a tarmac road.
• Turn left. Climb for 300m then, at the top of the hill turn
right towards Thénac. The tarmac road overlooks the valley and
curves to the left before rejoining the village of Thénac.
Puyguilhem Hiking Trails
Footpath from Thénac to Puyguilhem, 3.5km
• Take the road to Sigoulès and, after 250m turn right along a
tree-lined mud track heading downwards. There is a reservoir to
the right. Keep going until the path climbs up to an oak-wood
then follow the vineyards. After about 400m turn left and take a
grass path through woods and cultivated fields. At the
crossroads go straight on and follow the vines until reaching
the Puyguilhem road. Reaching the tarmac road turn right then
turn left at the fork along the tarmac road which climbs up to
the old bastide of Puyguilhem.