Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Thénac Town Hall

A rocky hill (hence the name) displaying the ruined bastide and château ramparts
 

Puyguilhem :
A bastide founded in 1265 by Jean de Grailly on behalf of Henry III of England but which never really expanded or developed. It was besieged by Pierre de la Paine, Seneschal of Toulouse, in 1338 (whereupon gunpowder was used for the first time in the region). In the 17th century it became the property of the Duke of Lauzun - who preferred to be called « Peguilhin ».


Monbos

Monbos Hiking Trails

Thénac Hiking Trails

Puyguilhem Hiking Trails