Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Sainte Radegonde Town Hall 
 


Sainte Radegonde Church

 

The Church
Before 1340, the bastide’s church had been raised to the rank of parish administrative centre without divesting the old Sainte-Radegonde parish church nearby of this title. Each church had a rector. The two parish churches stayed united for awhile in the same parish, sharing the faithful followers. Then the bastide’s church ended up by taking the status of parish administrative centre for itself alone, relegating the Sainte-Radegonde church to the rank of rural annex, whose only function was to watch over the parish cemetery, in the shadow of its steeple.
Toward the end of the modern era, in the absence of an increase in population in the bastide, Sainte-Radegonde church took back its initial status and recovered all of the parish territory that was initially attached to it.
 


La Bournègue River