-12th Century Church:
Patron Saint Jean-Baptiste with a Roman facade with small
arches and a pediment steeple in the Saintonge style, and a
portal with four arches sculpted with human heads. On the
right wall, under a window, is a sculpted a Maltese cross with
Viticulture is the town’s most representative activity, with
the appellation “Côtes de Bergerac”.
The vineyard’s surface area is 631 hectares
-Statue of the Soldier Monk
Soldier Monks had the mission of defending the kingdom.
They took monks’ vows of chastity, poverty and obedience, and
took an oath to defend pilgrims. Starting in the year 1147,
they dressed in white robes with a red cross.
The GR6 registered hiking trail crosses the south-eastern
corner of the commune (at ‘Le Bignac’).
As part of the revaluation of our heritage, the Bazet Fountain
and its watercress bed being restored.
is in full expansion. Two inaugurations were held on Saturday,
November 10: the Church of St. John Baptist, and the
timber-framed social housing" in the presence of the
representatives of the Prefecture, of the Region and of the
Department, and of the Member of Parliament Brigitte ALLAIN.
4 new social housing realized by THE DORDOGNE HOUSING
ENVIRONMENT, will be made available from December 15th, 2017.
The war memorial
As a preamble
to the future redevelopment of the burg, the war memorial was
restored and moved with the approval of all the partners. The
history of the memorial building was made: the occasion to
remember, created by Daniel Dauriac, it was inaugurated on
October 30th, 1920, in what was, at the time, the garden of the