Saint-Laurent and Saint-Maurice
The name appeared in 1310, written as Sanctus Mauricius.
Saint-Maurice, archbishop of Lyon was massacred with other
Christians between the 3d and 4th centuries. The first seigniors
of Saint-Maurice were the Pons, starting in the 13th century.
For five centuries, they owned the land of Saint-Maurice, which
today, is part of the Clermond de Beauregard commune. This
chateau was restored by the current owners. The facades and
roofs are registered with the inventory of the Historic