Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Saint Géraud de Corps Town Hall

Church

- The Church and its Altarpiece
The church: Nothing is left of the medieval church cited for the first time in 1035. The current church dates from 1874, its steeple from 1882. It was rebuilt on the foundations of a construction of stones and rubble. It has an altarpiece from the 18th century and a statue of the Virgin, both classified. Much work has been done to maintain this building, which is a part of our heritage: restoration of the presbytery and creation of two apartments for hire in 1987, repairs to the roofing in 1994 and restoration of the interior and exterior walls in 2006.
The Virgin is the parish patron. The local festival takes place August 15, the day of the Assumption.
In the past, this festival was a feast of entertainment and good food, called the “Turtledove Fair”. In the morning up until 10 a.m., hour of the mass, a large quantity of these birds were sold.


Covered market

- The village with its trompe l’œil, covered market and pigeon house-fountain

- Hiking Trails

Forests and countryside for hikes or hunting, fishing or gathering mushrooms
 


Village with its trompe l’œil

- Annual Events
August 15 Festival with various events, ending with fireworks
Theme evenings: sauerkraut, couscous...
Evening market in June