Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Saint Capraise d'Eymet Town Hall 


Church

 


Church

The Church
The church door is decorated with five archivolts and opens onto a gothic, rib-vaulted nave. The Romanesque pre-chancel is covered with a magnificent cupola supported by pendentives. The church has a semi-circular apse and a modern porch-belfry topped by an arrow-like spire. The sanctuary is decorated with magnificent capitals, two of which, depicting the Last Supper and the washing of Jesus’ feet, are amongst the most interesting of the Périgord. Beautiful furnishings include, among many other items, a 17th century pulpit which comes from St Jacques’ Church in Bergerac, attractive 18th century woodwork, and a Station of the Cross donated to the church by the Empress Eugenie. Sixty or so chairs are stamped with the manufacturer’s details and the date 1856. Two leather-bound prayer books, including one in polychrome, and a chasuble and cope both edged in gold have been lent to Eymet Museum.


Source

 

Source

Hiking Trails

Events