Former Saint Aignan priory, Gothic-style. In 1570 the
Huguenots set fire to it. it was reinforced then rebuilt in
the 19th century.
It consists of a semi hexagonal chevet apse. The ceilings are
formed by diagonal-ribbed cross vaults
The portal has deep, slightly pointed arches. Two strong flat
buttresses frame the portal’s register. The portal’s tympan
dates back to the 11th century.
Its wall belfry has one window. It is topped with a canopy to
protect the bells.
A fountain runs along its left side.
The fountain that cured people suffering from ringworm was in
the presbytery garden. It no longer exists.
Roadside Cross at the place known as “Viradis”
Built in the 19th century by Saint Agne’s blacksmith, it is
witness to the skill of these artisans. Up until the 1960s, the
edge-tool makers of Saint Agne supplied Monbazillac’s wine
growers with pruning shears.
- The Port of Saint Agne at the edge of the Dordogne River,
where, probably, boats were loaded.
Votive festival the 4th weekend in August.
-May 1st Garlic omelette.
-Classical music festival " Au cœur des Bastides " on 3rd
weekend of September.
-Festival of the Drawing and the Pastel of Ancient
country-houses in Périgord, on September.