Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Ribagnac Town Hall

Bridoire Chateau
This lovely, powerful Gothic building is part of a polygonal rampart protected by ditches and a small fortress.
It consists of an asymmetrical central building flanked by round towers, surrounding an interior court that is enclosed by a wall in the shape of a crescent, and pierced by a Gothic arch-shaped door.
 

The chateau was besieged and taken by Blaise de Montluc in 1570. It was rebuilt under Henri IV, and again demolished by the Duke of Aiguillon. Restored around 1890, it perpetuates the memory of Father Charles de Foucauld who stayed there many times.

Saint Pierre Es Liens Church
The 12th century church has kept its Roman apse. The fašade, topped by a wall-belfry, was restored in the 19th century.

Hiking Trail

Ribagnac Loop on the GR636. Nice view point at Moulin des Gendres, Pech Chabrol and Petit Pey.