L’Aubépin (private property)
The manor house is built of square towers imaginatively joined
and unusually topped with brown tiles; the moat surrounding
the house has been filled in.
L’Aubépin is these days only a farmhouse but it does not
resemble the more common type of old, fortified, comfortable,
family manor houses of yore. Before the Revolution it was
owned by the Laurière family then passed into the hands of the
Scorailles who still owned it in 1903. The Marie family bought
it in 1963.
owned by M. Gérard Venancie.
The dovecote forms part of the Issigeac canton heritage in the
same way as do the Boisse windmills. It was recently
classified by the departmental Urban Architecture and
Environment Council (C.A.U.E).
The walk starts at Issigeac’s eastern exit, and heads towards
Eyrenville to the south-east of Monsaguel.
• Village fête on the last Sunday of August.
• Second-hand market on the last Sunday of August.