Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Monestier Town Hall
 
 

The bastide of Monestier
Origins
Founded around 1284 by officers of the English King, Monestier has long been linked with Villefranche de Lenville. It was never finished and was a relatively unimportant bastide.

What to See :
With a little imagination the small, quadrangular square hints at what this bastide must once have been like.
The Romanesque church is situated in the south-west corner next to the arcaded Governor’s House.
Its chevet is flat, its wall belfry has a triangular gable with twin Gothic arch bays, topped with a smaller bay.