Guillaume d’Auberoche, Bishop of Périgueux, decreed by charter
that the churches of St-Marie-de-Loupiac and Minzac be given
to the Abbey of Sauve-Majeure.
suffered serious damage in 1586 during the Wars of Religion
and eventually collapsed during the 19th century. In 1878 the
existing church was built on the original foundations. Of the
early church only the baptismal fonts still exist (listed as
Historical Monuments) and can be seen at the museum of
Text translated by Pays du Grand Bergeracois (professional translator).