Interior of the Church
century, Romanesque St Loup Church,
with its wall-belfry and
semi-circular apse, was placed on the
Supplementary Inventory of Historical Monuments in 1974.
Various works of art in the church
are also on the Inventory.
• A late 18th century, gilt wood and polychrome tabernacle urn.
• 18th century candlesticks and a gilt, wooden crucifix.
• A polychrome retable restored in 1885.
• Two restored paintings depicting the Holy Family.
SITES OF HISTORICAL INTEREST
The Château de Marsalès,
a building steeped in history, is huge and rectangular with
round towers at two of its corners and wings leading off them.
The whole forms a U-shaped courtyard closed with iron railings
and an ornate wrought-iron gate. In 1793 the railings were
used as pikes and a few years later as ploughshares.
The Château de Laroque
is a vast two-storied building. Machicolations above the door
and on the western corner give it a military appearance. A
pile of stones near the ‘Bretonne’ is known as « The
Demolished Church » and legend has it that a church collapsed
here burying a certain Saint Alix beneath its ruins. Near the
‘Borie Neuve’ can be seen several funnel-shaped depressions
known as « gobe » (to swallow ?) which fill with water when it