village, situated above Couze, first appears the 14th century
under its Latin form of
‘Botaricum’. A century later it is referred to as ‘Bocaria’
(1460), in the 17th century settles on ‘Boucaire’ and in the
18th on ‘Boucairie’. Not until the 19th century does it adopt
the French form of La Bouquerie.
Situated in the canton of Beaumont du Périgord, the village is
reached either by the RD 660 (the Bergerac - Cahors road) and
the VC 1 or VC 207, or via the RD 25 (the Beaumont - Belvès
road) and the VC 5 or the VC 206.
The commune has a surface area of 1076 hectares and a
238 (official population on January 1, 2017).
Text translated by Pays du Grand Bergeracois (professional translator).