Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Issigeac Town Hall
   

St Félicien's Church is a fine - and rare in the Périgord - example of late Gothic architecture. The octagonal bell tower breaks with fifteenth and sixteenth-century architectural styles recalling a more Romanesque style.
Interesting features include:
The central nave and shafts.
The nineteenth-century stained glass windows and the chevet’s lancet windows.
The seventeenth-century stuccoed, wooden statue in the chancel.
The seventeenth-century gilt, wooden statue of the Virgin Mary.

St Félicien’s Church has 21 listed objects.

Church : Discovery Photos

The chateau
As early as the fourteenth century the Bishops of Sarlat chose to reside at Issigeac; one of their successors, François II of Salignac Fénelon, built the chateau in 1660 on the site of the medieval fortifications.
It is listed as an Historical Monument and displays many features of classical french architecture, particularly visible in its sobriety, symmetry, order and clarity, although two small, round towers at the corner of the lateral wings soften its appearance.
The vaulted cellars of the chateau are today home to the Tourist Office.

Chateau  : Discovery Photos

Back