Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Conne de Labarde Town Hall
   
   
 

Church
The church dates from the 12th century and has been restored several times (in its entirety in 1860).
On one of its cornices carved figures of pigs and donkeys can still be seen although they are in poor condition.
The church is 15m long, 9m wide and comprises a vaulted nave and two chapels (one dedicated to the Virgin Mary, the other to St Joseph).
The church’s patron saints are St Martin de Tours (saint day : 11th November) and St Laurence who has always been honoured with the village fête on the first Sunday following 10th August.

The Springs :
The Conne River which crosses the greater part of the commune is 18km long, has its source at Font du Roc and Canteloeuvre (Monmadalès), flows into the Dordogne and supplies nine springs along the way :

• Village Spring
• Bois de Pourquié Spring
• Bayles Springs (2)
• Laudogne Spring
• Malamort Spring
• Soulbarède Spring
• Verdot Spring
• Fusterie Spring

Events :
March : Theme evenings : areas of France, countries (Spain, the Aveyron etc.)
June : St John the Baptist’s Midsummer Festival
August : Village Fête
September : Chestnuts and ‘bourru’ (fermenting grape juice) evening.